Off the Rails - Store Cattle market highlight
Each store sale the TLSAA produce a market report highlighting the best pens of the day. Read the latest report here or click on the links at the bottom for printable (PDF) versions of recent market highlights.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the relevantselling agents.
Friday9th February 2018
Special store cattle sale
1100(2400) head offered
Good lines of weaner steers make from $700 -$1020 in Tamworth
A reduced yarding of 1100 cattle on offer in Tamworth today with some outstanding lines of lightweight weaner steers making what Patrick Purtle describes as “fancy c/kg prices” and most agents saying the market was very strong for the smaller cattle. For the full commentary from Patrick watch this week’s Market Wrap on our Facebook page under tamworthsellingagents.
Weaned steers sold to $1020 ($905 last sale) for Kansas and Booroomooka blood steers (pictured top left at front) sold by DCM on account Tymena Pty Ltd. Yearling steers sold to $1080 ($1185 last sale) for Simmental steers (pictured top left at back) sold by DCM on account Weber. Other good results included:
- Angus weaner steers sold by PPA on account Hilltop Partnership made $750;
- Lovely soft vendor bred steers, 100% temperament, sold by B&S on account Kennedy made $780;
- Beautifully bred Angus weaner steers, sired by NEAB bulls, sold by DCM on account Arlemont made $850;
- Texas Angus blood, yard weaned and bunker trained steers, sold by DCM made $850;
- Angus and Santa x steer calves sold by DCM on account Muliana topped at $915 for the black and $890 for the reds;
- Angus steers sold by ELD on account Sarayah Investments made $930;
- Angus steers, weaned and ready to go, by the best bulls sold by IML on account Wallaroi made $990
Weaner heifers sold to $850 ($850 last sale) for heifer portion of the Tymena weaners sold by DCM. Older heifers sold to $900 ($1070) for Simmental heifers sold by DCM on account Weber. Other good results included:
- Angus vealer heifers sold by IML on account Kode Holdings, Moore Creek made $650; and
- 12 month old heifers by Black Simmental bull sold by B&S on account B & P Ryan made $730.
Cows/heifers and calves
Cows and calves topped at $1875 ($1600) for Angus cows and calves sold by ELD. Other good sales included:
- Angus cows and calves sold by ELD on account Sarayah made $1810; and
- Young Brangus breeders (pictured bottom left) on 2nd & 3rd calf, calves up to 5 mths by stud Brangus bull sold by G&C on account Kevin Hughes, Jerry’s Plains made $1850.
PTIC sold to $1390 ($1250 last sale) for Santa cows sold by PPA on account Faulkner, Scone. Other notable sales included:
- Angus cows, PTIC to Black Simmental bulls, sold by ELD on account Sarayah Investments made $1330; and
- A run of accredited Shorthorn cows (pictured above right), 5-8 years, PTIC to Shorthorn bulls to commence calving March for 8 weeks sold by ELD on account Mia Mia Trading sold to $1240.
This information, plus additional photos, can also be viewed on the Tamworth Selling Agents Facebook page. Compiled and written by Michelle Mawhinney, TLSAA
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
Click on the file for a printable version of this market highlight.
Note: The photos in the PDF may differ slightly to those on the website. Please contact us if you would like a specific photo.
Next store sale - Friday 23rd Feb 2018
Coming soon - Top prices for 2017
Watch this space for information on the top prices for 2017 for each category sold.