Off the Rails - Store Cattle market highlight
Each store sale the TLSAA produce a market report highlighting the best pens of the day. Read the latest report here or click on the links at the bottom for printable (PDF) versions of recent market highlights.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the relevantselling agents.
Coming soon - Top prices for 2017
Watch this space for information on the top prices for 2017 for each category sold.
Friday 1st December 2017
Special store cattle sale
2200(2200) head offered
Best quality cattle hold firm as Summer officially starts
Quality and condition were a big factor in the market today with several agents offering cattle from vendors forced to sell due to continuing dry, despite some good showers in the last week and more predicted over the next few days. The market for the best steers was firm on last sale with some value buying in all other categories. Hear what Nathan McConnell from Elders has to say on this week’s Market Wrap video on our Facebook page under tamworthsellingagents.
Weaner steers sold to $1115 ($970 last sale) for Angus weaners, 7-12 months, (pictured top left) bred on some of the leading Angus genetics, sold by DCM on account Lyndcote Holdings. Yearling steers sold to $1160 ($1230 last sale) for Shorthorn and Santa steers sold by IML on account Stevenson. Other good results included:
- Angus and Santa x weaner steers, weaned, drenched and vaccinated sold by DCM on account Muliana Pastoral Co sold to $910;
- Steers sold by B&S on account Betty Crago made $1060;
- Angus x Black Simmental steers sold by B&S on account B & P Ryan sold to $1080;
- EU accredited Angus steers, 9-10 months, Scotch Cap and Traveller bloodlines sold by ELD on account JB & Kg Smith, “Glenungra Park” Bendemeer made $1110;
- EU accredited, Angus steers sold by LMK on account RS & TM Turnbull, “Eulourie” Upper Horton sold to $1120;
- Top quality, Poll Hereford steers sold by IML on account Vereyken made $1120.
Weaner heifers sold to $860 ($765 last sale) for the heifer portion of the Lyndcote Holdings weaners sold by DCM. Yearlings sold to $1060 ($990 last sale) for big crossbred heifers (pictured below left) to feed on sold by G&C on account Donbear Pty Ltd. Other good results in the heifers included:
- Angus x weaner heifers sold by DCM on account Muliana Pastoral Co made $800;
- Simmental x Angus heifers sold by IML on account “Red Springs” Premer made $850;
- Shorthorn heifers sold by LMK on account Grovelands made $925; and
- Heifers out of the Hunter, with a bit of frame and age, sold by IML on account Baree Grazing made $930.
Cows/heifers and calves
Heifers and calves topped at $2080 ($2220 last sale) for Angus cows (pictured bottom left), with August drop 2nd calf at foot and running back with the stud Angus bull sold by IML on account “Colly Creek”. Other highlights included:
- A run of 100 Angus and Angus x mixed ag cows and calves sold by DCM on account the Young Family sold to $1630;
- Angus x cows and calves sold by DCM on account Borah Creek, Manilla made $1640; and
- Angus x cows with Santa calves at foot, 1-3 months and cow re-joined to Santa bulls sold by CP on account SB & W McKerrow sold to $1820.
PTIC sold to $1100 ($1000 last sale) with very few on offer as would be expected at this time of the year.
This information, plus additional photos, can also be viewed on the Tamworth Selling Agents Facebook page. Compiled and written by Michelle Mawhinney, TLSAA
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
Next store sale
Friday 15th December
Special XmasStore Cattle Sale
Contact your preferred agent for details.
Click on the file for a printable version of this market highlight.
Note: The photos in the PDF may differ slightly to those on the website. Please contact us if you would like a specific photo.
Friday 1st December store sale.pdf
Size : 978.789 Kb
Type : pdf