Off the Rails - Store Cattle market highlight
Each store sale the TLSAA produce a market report highlighting the best pens of the day. Read the latest report here or click on the links at the bottom for printable (PDF) versions of recent market highlights.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the relevantselling agents.
Click on the file for a printable version of this market highlight.
Note: The photos in the PDF may differ to those on the website. Please contact us if you would like a specific photo.
Agent codes used for report:
B&S (Burke & Smyth, Tamworth)
CP (Chris Paterson Livestock, Tamworth)
D&C (Davidson Cameron, Tamworth)
ELD (Elders, Tamworth)
G&C (Garvin & Cousens, Tamworth)
IML (Ian Morgan Livestock, Quirindi)
LMK (Landmark, Tamworth)
Pitt (Pitt Sons, Walcha)
PPA (Purtle Plevey Agencies, Manilla)
RWL (Ray White Livestock, Tamworth)
Next store sale
Friday 15th Feb
Friday 1st February 2019
Special store sale
(700 last sale)
Market ”strong enough" as another month of summer rolls by
Numbers were back in Tamworth today for the second store sale for 2019 with agents saying that the market was “strong enough” and in line with prices from our last Monday prime sale on 21st January. On paper, prices were firm to dearer with some good quality compensating for another week of extreme temperatures. You can check out more photos of the top pens on our Facebook page.
Outstanding quality Santa weaner steers (pictured above left), 9-11 months, sold by PPA on account Fallowfield, Manilla topped at $815. Yearling steers sold to $820 ($760 last sale) for good growthy, Angus x steers (pictured above middle) sold by IML on account Schubert made $820. Other good results included:
- Weaned black baldy steers, 5-6 months, in fresh condition sold by G&C on account of Sandholme made $600;
- Angus yearling steers, 12-14 months, sold by CP on account Bykowski, Bendemeer topped at $660;
- Charolais x weaner steer, 6-8 months old, sold by ELD on account CJR Trading made $680; and
- Excellent quality, framey Angus steers (pictured above right), only 12 months of age, in fresh condition sold by B&S on account R Burns, Attunga made $760.
Heifers sold to $640 ($645 last sale) for Angus heifers (pictured above left) sold by G&C on account O Bell. Other good results included:
- Impeccably bred, lightweight Angus weaner heifers sold by IML on account M & M Hunter, Willow Tree made $420;
- Charolais x weaner heifers (pictured above middle), 6- 8 months old, sold by ELD on account CJR Trading made $590 and the black baldies made $540; and
- Angus yearling heifers sold by CP on account Bykowski, Bendemeer topped at $570.
Cows & calves
Cows and calves sold to $1300 ($1300 last sale) for Angus cows (pictured above right) with 3rd calf at foot, not re-joined, sold by CP on account TMPA.
A handful of cows sold to $1000 ($600 last sale) for Angus cows sold by CP. Joined Angus heifers sold by ELD on account Bronmar made $980 and Santa cows on the point of calving to a Santa bull sold by G&C on account Spence made $950
This information, plus additional photos, can also be viewed on the Tamworth Selling Agents Facebook page. Compiled and written by Michelle Mawhinney, TLSAA
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.